Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Spring Haiku and Haiku Riddles


Writing haiku is an excellent practice for transforming your ideas and concepts into a few concentrated words.

Here are a few spring and summer inspired haiku:

March and hear the slosh 
Children dance at winter's end
drumming up flowers

The first flowers grow-
bright violets and daffodils
spring up from the rain
 
How long does it take-
leaf-crunching caterpillar
to unfold and fly?

Bushes of roses
the bumblebee moseys through
abundant bounties
 
 
These are literary haiku riddles. Guess the author, book, or character they are written about.

Explosion of jazz
recklessness and wealth excels
overindulgence
 
Young man in sorrow-
run away with me sister
everyone is fake
 
They make me burn books
I can't do it anymore
store them, keep them safe
 
Found a shiny thing
I took it from some creature-
back to simple life
 
If you pee blue-green
don't take the meds they give you
you will be sterile

I'm a prankster boy
I see my own funeral
friends gawk, family weeps

Love conquers, divides
our families are enemies
eternally young

Troubled southern town
Justice waiting on your wings
child's epiphany
 



No comments:

Post a Comment