Wednesday, March 12, 2014

Paul Simon Quotes


 Paul Simon deserves his own quote page.  He not only has a melodic voice, but is a savvy lyricist as well.  Enjoy these quotes; I think some of them will increase in popularity in years to come.


Sometimes I see your face as if through reading glasses and your smile seems softer than it was.


We've survived by believing our life is going to get better.


Listen to the sounds of silence.


Who am I to blow against the wind?


If you can get humor and seriousness at the same time, you've created a special little thing, and that's what I'm looking for because if you get pompous, you've lost everything.


You want to be a writer, don't know how or when?  Find a quiet place, use a humble pen.


I've got nothing to do today but smile.


You know the nearer your destination the more you're slip slidin' away.


Losing love is like a window in your heart, everybody sees you're blown apart, everybody feels the wind blow.


And after it rains, there's a rainbow and all the colors are black. It's not that the colors aren't there; it's just the imagination they lack. Every thing's the same back in my little town.


Home is where my thought's escaping. Home is where my music's playing. Home is where my love lies waiting silently for me.


I'm more interested in what I discover than what I invent.





No comments:

Post a Comment